Monday, 14 January 2013

The Amazing Disappearing, Reappearing Cat

Hello... (sheepish look),
I've been gone for a bit again, and it's been long enough that I feel I ought to comment on the 'not posting on the blog, not selling stuff online for ages' rather than cunningly distracting you from this fact by pointing into the distance and shouting 'LOOK! What in the world can that be?!'*

So...stuff happened, as it is wont to do. I got a new job, which was temporary (has now ended) but full time and in Truro, so I was basically out of the house a good 11 hours a day, 5 days a week, plus extra for a couple of shifts in the Late Night Shopping season. It just wasn't possible for me to keep up the Etsying/Folksying - there was no time and I was too mentally and physically tired. Now that I'm unemployed, I could go back to the crafting and online shops, but I'm still reviewing the situation and feel the need to focus on finding work that will provide a proper income.

I also moved house in the autumn. Definitely a good move, I feel much better here than I did in my old place, but it's taken time for me to feel settled and I'm still feeling my way through the whole house-sharing malarky. Most people do this at a much younger age I think, and I wonder if it's easier or harder the older you are, to live with people you're not related to.

Grandad passed away in October. I'm still not really able to put into words my thoughts and feelings on this, and I debated with myself whether I even SHOULD put up a blog post about it, but let's just say it effected me in the way I imagine it would have most people, not least because of the impact it had on my immediate family. There's a couple of nice pictures and things I want to share with you guys, so once I get my new scanner, I'll try to do that (and if I don't, give me a poke because sometimes I need reminding!)

So now I'm unemployed and adrift. Life seems to have come to an interval...and I'm feeling a little frustrated by not having the cash for the figurative small pot of icecream...

I'd kinda like to do the cliched thing of going off traveling in an attempt at 'finding myself', but of course this isn't an option (if my job had been made permanent, I was going to travel somewhere new, but alas...), so I am contenting myself to exploring my own back yard (in some ways literally, since I now live in a place with a garden - first time since the 1980s! We have a giant bay tree of which I am childishly proud) I'm trying to get outside more in general. It's ridiculous how often I let myself forget how gorgeous Cornwall is and why exactly I fight so hard to be able to stay here. I went for an amble along the coast with my housemate the other day, and he kindly took a rather nice picture of me. The colours, the contrast and the light...all so...Cornwall.



I will end this post as I began it, sheepishly: I have no new years resolutions to share with you as such this time (I want to lose weight, that's about it), no allusions to grand plans. This is a break with blog tradition, I know. But I'm not feeling so morose about the future as that might make it seem. I'm just trying to take 2013 as it comes. I hope it's a good one for all of you.

Cat

* That would be a mis-quote of Vizzini, from The Princess Bride. Got to credit your sources, very important don'tyerknow

No comments:

Post a Comment