Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Got my work cut out

It's a fairly cool, breezy June day here in Cornwall and over the past few weekends at the Day Job I've found myself apologising to tourists for the disappointing weather. Of course, I shouldn't really apologise because I don't make the weather...

...but I do make (har har...like that neat little corny segue?) I DO make Things. I think it's been a while since I put any work in progress on here...so here's what I've got on the go right now:



This is a few purses at the halfway stage (all the hand sewing bit done, or pretty much) including a couple more butterscotch and grey purses, plus an embroidery I'm working on (one of the sediment series I blogged about recently) - I'm still deciding on the colours for the last layer for that one.

I've also been busy making some more fish ornaments. Unlike the first one, these don't have loops for hanging - I thought folks might want to choose to add a loop if they want and if not, they can rest up against something. They are available in the shop now (only £18 for the three! They took a few hours to make in the end, mainly the handstitching and the stuffing...I'm still perfecting my fishes so this is a kind of prototype price) I'm trying out something new with my photos - incorporating wool yarn and buttons...what do you think?


I'm working on something special to do with the fish soon I hope...watch this space for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment