Thursday, 24 March 2011

Wrapping it up

As promised, here are the pics of my homemade envelopes. Made from recycled sheet music and pages from a book on the English countryside. I used this gorgeous decorative gummed paper tape from Japan to help secure the edges and prevent paper cuts, then sewed the edges together on my sewing machine.
I also made an extra large envelope. This one is made from an old map of the Scilly Isles, and inside is my embroidery Fields of Yellow and Green, which sold before I blogged about it!



Check out the embroideries section in my shop for more like this. I really enjoy creating these so there are more on the way.

Also a quick sneak peek at my latest purse design to go in the shop (I'm listing it in a bit) I made three of these all pretty much the same. In the past I've just done one of a thing and then moved onto another but I'm trying out small runs of one design so I can work on them consecutively. I've got some other purses in progress as well in some gorgeous colours that I'm really pleased with.

I'm hoping for some more sales before the end of the month. April is the end of my tax year, and so I need to do the dreaded stocktake (ie count all my stuff and value it, in a very big spreadsheet). I'm also going to be away from running my shop for two weeks in April, for a special holiday. So, if you're wanting anything by mid April, now is the time to snap it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment