Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Planes and boats and pains

I recently read an article on Etsy's blog (here) about delivery delays for parcels going to the USA from the UK...eek! Due to security issues, some mail going across the Atlantic is going what my mum refers to as 'the pretty way' (i.e. the slower way) - by steam boat, instead of by plane. Steam boat! Much as this brings images to my mind of glamorous old-time steam voyages, it means some things may take longer to get to USA buyers. What a pain!
Obviously, the security measures are important, but I can't control them.
That said, I haven't been notified of any delays from buyers in the States - which is why I had assumed the issue was already resolved.
EDIT: To the best of my knowledge, only heavier parcels are being effected and most mail to the USA should arrive within the normal time-frame of 10 to 12 days.

Thank you to everyone who helped make my last month with my Etsy shop Treacle Toffee a success. I've now deactivated the last few items. For the time being, my original Etsy shop scatterboxoriginals will continue trading, while I review my options.
A shop update for JumpUp should be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment