Monday, 28 June 2010

Talk about moving...

Hello!
Since I last blogged, a few things have happened. I had a hospital appointment to investigate the cause of my persistent sinus pain, which lead to another hospital referral - this time for allergies. I've long suspected an allergy to dust and I will find out for sure on Wednesday with a skin allergy test. I am a little anxious about it, but mainly because I fear I'll be told I'm allergic to one of my favourite foods! I'm hopeful that the doctors can finally help me cure the problem though. This is something I have put up with for years (I definitely had the sinus problem as a teenager, possibly even before then) so its a strange feeling that I might be close to a solution.
(EDIT: I've been for my allergy testing today, and it all came back negative - so the plot thickens! I think the next thing will be an investigation of my sinuses, in August - fun!)
Secondly, the main reason for my absence from blogging, was that I moved home. This was a really sudden, unexpected thing which unfolded over the space of less than 3 weeks. I had been wanting to move to a new place for a long time and had been on my landlord's waiting list for a bigger flat for 3 years. He visited me at the end of May to tell me he'd had an unexpected vacancy (a student who was going to stay here for the summer and changed her mind apparently) A few days later I viewed the flat, and then I had two days to decide if I was going to move or not.
I'm the sort of person who finds change difficult, even when I know it's a good change, so I had lengthy discussions with family and friends about the possible move. Pro and con lists were made. Then I made my choice - I was going to go for it! Here I am 3 weeks later, in my new home...early June was a blur of box packing (it is amazing how much Stuff you can accumulate...) and making notes for various people and companies to notify of my new address.

I have been in the new flat for a little over a week now, and it finally feels like home. I have found places for everything and put pictures on the walls. One thing I really love about this place is the light - it's an attic flat, with plenty of windows. My work desk is placed so I get a view of the tree outside and the street below...in my old place, the desk was in a dark corner. I still want to improve my craft supplies storage (as you can see, I have a random collection of shoe boxes, laundry bin and plastic tubs under the desk!)


The process of 'nesting' finally complete, I have got back into my Etsy work. I'm at the stage of photographing the first items for JumpUp, so I thought I would share with you (at last!) a sneak preview of what is to come...


Watch this space for more news!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you settled in, & well done on making the decision. All you need now is to get that sinus problem sorted out and it'll be a whole new life!

    ReplyDelete