Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Where I've been, where I'm going...

Hello hello, it's been a while! For any regular visitors who've been wondering what happened to me, I've been immersed in a few things, some more exciting than others. The most notable happening lately was a short visit to Bristol.
Bristol, for those not in the know, is a fine city in the south west of England. It's where many of the graduates from my art college have ended up, including good friend Paula Bowles, children's illustrator extraordinaire (see her blog by clicking this word....here!) When she's not drawing or painting, Paula can often be found practising the ukulele...

We enjoyed fine weather, which allowed for a picnic in the park and a tour of the city (nice!) and we also went to see the lovely Laura Marling at Colston Hall, supported by equally great Alessi's Ark (check out beautiful music video for Alessi's The Horse here) and Boy and Bear
I've been back home for a few days now and find myself left with that feeling (I wonder if everyone gets it?) of being glad to be sleeping in my own bed again, but my mind still where I was...ahhh holidays!
But I have been snatching my mind away from holiday mode for long enough to make some progress on JumpUp. Doll number Two has been made! I'm still perfecting a few ideas but I think things are shaping up well.
Not quite ready to show pictures yet as I have a plan in mind for how I'm going to do that, involving getting a suitable blackboard and arranging a kind of little 'set' for my photos...
Next week, I'm going to be a little distracted by my parents visiting me, the UK General Election and the small matter of turning 28...but the shops will remain active, if a little quiet...like caterpillars waiting to emerge from chrysalises...and I'll keep to my usual standard of dispatching sales within two business days.
:-)

1 comment:

  1. Hellooo

    Glad you had a nice time! It was a lovely week wasn't it, very sunny! I enjoyed our picnic very much.

    Looking forward to hearing/seeing more of Jumpup!

    ReplyDelete