Friday, 26 March 2010

Sewing and Growing

Recently, just when I was thinking about sewing and worrying about whether I'd have enough space to grow all the vegetables that I want to grow this year, I saw this on Etsy:

I had to smile, it fitted my mood and thoughts so perfectly at the time! This print is available to buy from knitalatte / Resurrection Fern - check out the shop for more charming, unique 'still life' photos.

While my seedlings continue to grow (and I continue to be amazed at how they know to lean towards the light!*) I'm planning new things to sew. It's been a long while since I used my sewing machine, and it's become yet another flat surface for pots of pens and pencils, thread bobbins and bizarrely, my glasses cleaning cloth. Soon, I will tidy, dust it off and get to work on New Things...soon.

* My coriander seedlings have got their first proper leaves now...when they first developed they looked a little bit like tiny green hands. In a cute way, not in a freaky alien way...They reach towards the light as if they're trying to grab hold of it)

1 comment:

  1. awww, freaky green alien hands!

    Glad your seedlings are doing well - guess what? My peppers have started to grow! :)

    Look forward to the New Things! x

    ReplyDelete