Monday, 27 October 2008

Opulence

A little over a year ago, I went to a zoo, and while sitting in the outdoor cafe with a lemonade, this fellow nonchalantly walked by, two metres away from where I sat. He kindly posed while I took his photograph, before strutting on.

Peacocks have always been one of my favourite birds - such wonderful colours. I'm always a little amazed when I see them flying and can't help feeling a little envious of those who live in warmer climes where you can find these creatures in the wild. It's a treat to see one in the zoo (especially if he shows off his tail for you) but to have them out and about in everyday life from time to time must make life feel that little bit more special, more glamorous...

Inspired by the opulence of peacocks, I'm working on some brooches based on the 'eyes' of their tail feathers. We all need a little glamour sometimes don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment